My Business Passion

Along with scrapbooking, my passion is also for stamping and paper crafting.


I am a Close To My Heart Consultant

This allows me to express myself through my art.
But, best of all, I love teaching.

I teach a minimum of three classes a month and just to see the expressions on my customers faces when they leave my class, all excited about the project they made, makes all the hard work worth while.

If you have a burning desire to learn all about what I do, please feel free to contact me. I do private classes in my home or group classes in my home or yours.

nancy_brown@verizon.net

Make sure to visit my
Artwork and Technique Galleries.
Their Links are in the column on the right!


Thursday, October 23, 2008

Finally, My Blog!

Welcome to my Blog. I've been meaning to develop a blog months ago, but I never made time to do so. Well, I couldn't sleep this evening and told myself, "Just Do It!" So I did.

As some of you know, I am a wife of 30 years to a fantastic loving and supportive husband, the mother of three fabulous children, and grandma to six exceptional grandchildren. I didn't think life could get any better then this and then along came Close to my Heart. A phenomenal stamping and scrapbooking company that I have been a consultant with for the past eleven years. Eleven years ago the name of the company was D.O.T.S (Dozens of Terrific Stamps).
Some of you may remember those days.

The main purpose of this blog is to share with you my deep passion for my favorite arts: scrapbooking, stamping, and paper crafting. I have several reasons for this. First of all, Family is so very important to me. So, the best way to honor my family is to preserve all of our fantastic memories through scrapbooking. A picture is just a picture without a written story behind it. Journaling is just as important as the picture you preserve. The sad thing about this is that I found this out too late in life. I was left with a very large box of photos of my parents, family and their friends. Some of those pictures go way back to the 1930's and 40's. But, that's all they are. Just a box of photos because no one ever bothered to add any type of note or information to them. So, now I have a box of pictures of people and family that I now want to know more about. However, there is no one left in my family to fill me in on any of the details. That is what prompted me to start telling my own life story through scrapbooking, so that my family won't be wondering what my life was all about long after I'm gone.

No comments: